Monday, March 28, 2011

The games children play

My two youngest boys are 10 and 14 years old, and sometimes when I listen to them play it reminds me of the games I used to play with my brothers when we were little. Life in Queensland is a lot different than Oregon, but the fun of splashing in mud puddles is still the same.

So, for a blast from the past, here I am with my two younger brothers in typical Molalla attire. Rugged up from head to toe, for a nice spring day.
Eric, Jimmy and I down by the creek (circa 1972)

I HATED those cats eye glasses, even then. Such a fashion victim.

A fact that most people won't know is that the  mascot for my old country grade school was the mighty...mountain gopher. Someone obviously had a sense of humor. My girlfriends and I that played on the school volleyball team called ourselves the "gopher-ettes". Luckily by the time I started high school it had been updated to mountain lions. Its hard to have the killer instinct for sports when you're named after a small, hairy, bucktoothed rodent.

Image from Pacific Environmental Consultants




2 comments:

  1. those are some cool red pants I'm wearing.I always did look good in a hoody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday would be nice to get the story of how you came to Australia.

    ReplyDelete