Monday, July 6, 2020

Have you seen my house?


I finally bought a house!

It's hard to believe, but I finally got the country cottage that I've been wanting for years. It's a four bedroom little place on an acre and a half just on the outskirts of town. It's still close to work and all the things, but it is quiet!

There are two porches, one on the front, and one on the back. I've already got an old comfy sofa on the back porch for sitting and pondering.

I'm still in the process of moving the last of my things in, and I'm pretty much living out of boxes. I bought a few emergency items like soap, shampoo, etc because I still haven't packed the bathroom at the old place.

Turns out I bought two bottles of conditioner rather than one  of shampoo. Hello washing hair with a bar of soap. It was rose scented at least!

I had my first "country" adventure today. I went to run out to the shops after work, and when I came back it was pitch black. There are very few street lights and all the houses are set back a ways from the road. I drove past my house, and then had to turn around and drive back slowly before I could find it.

I guess I better buy some solar lights and put them on either side of the gate!

It's not like I can stop at a neighbor's and say "Excuse me, I've misplaced my house. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment