Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Birthday Boy

The Sugar High cometh!
Brynley's 11th birthday was this weekend. He got to have part of his present early because his actual birthday fell in the middle of the week. I think Dave may have regretted this particular purchase...

Bryn tried for weeks to convince us that he was really 11 turning 12, but sadly he's now only 11. I'm not sure what benefit being 12 has, but I suspect it has something to do with a later bed-time.

Chloe has nominated herself as the family birthday cake baker, and so she got to work early in the day to make her special chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. You can't go wrong with chocolate!

The modern baker - note the apron
pocket doubles as an MP3 carrier
The Never Fail Birthday Cake
After Chloe finished the cake I saw a well-scraped bowl left on the counter. I asked the chef if she let the boys lick the bowl. She said "Nope, it's my cake, and my bowl, because thats how things roll in the land of Chloe".

Connor looks perplexed
"um, those are really big candles"
Tall candles are surprisingly hard to blow out

And now, bring on the presents!

All..... mine!

The best gifts don't need batteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment