Saturday, July 30, 2011

The countdown begins

The subject line for this post comes from a quote by my PhD supervisor when I told him that my exit seminar is scheduled for the 10th of August. Yikes! That's only a week and a half away!

It's exciting though, because it's one more sign that this long, long job of writing a PhD thesis is almost done. The seminar is a basically a half-hour long speech that I give in front of members of my school and other people important to my research. Then everyone gets to grill me about my methods, results and conclusions. It's supposed to show that I've done a good job, and that my thesis has a reasonable expectation of passing.

Fingers crossed, but I feel pretty secure that everything has gone ok. I just need to explain 4 years of work, in a half hour. Hmmm, hope I'm good at summing up!

I just realized that if when I finish off my thesis at the end of August, that my birthday will be in a few days after that. What a good way to celebrate a birthday!

OK, no more procrastination on my part, back to it.

Oh, I meant to mention how supportive Dave and the kids are being down this home-stretch. I actually got kicked out of the kitchen the other morning. Dave said "Why are you doing the dishes, get back to work on the thesis!"

1 comment: