Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Where does the time go

In looking back at my last posting I realize its been almost a month since I put anything up. Bad me, I've been really, really busy finishing up the writing on my PhD.

My time to complete the thesis runs out at the end of August, so I've been writing frantically. My supervisors have been great and have been giving me lots of time at odd little moments.

For Chloe's work experience, the business that she worked at were very impressed with her drive, and said that they'd happily offer her an apprenticeship when she graduated from high school. She is planning to go to uni, but it was a great compliment anyway. They said that she was the best teen worker they'd ever had!

The kids had a busy holiday during the two weeks off they had at the end of the term. They went  to visit family up north for a week, and then flew south to NSW for another week. During the southern trip they were treated to DreamWorld (like DisneyLand) not once, but twice.

And Dave and I were treated to an empty house!

Now they are back and stuck into the new term, so we're all noisy and happy again.

So, all is well here and I'll try and post more as I get closer to my PhD deadline. I'm off to hit the soft drink and caffeine. Wish me happy writing!

2 comments:

  1. You are on the home stretch! Hang in there!!
    I remember when our goal in life was to be one of the "big kids". Where DOES the time go?!*Shirls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when my goal was to be able touch the floor when seated on the tiny Maple Grove school bus!

    ReplyDelete