Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Announcing: Dr. Di!

Although the PhD took a long time to do, the graduation came quickly. I made the last editing changes to the thesis about 3 weeks before the graduation date, and so I thought there wouldn't be enough time to get all the paperwork done in order to graduate.

However, the staff at the uni really worked together, and on Friday, the 13th of April I graduated with a doctorate degree.

Each faculty has a separate graduation, at for my faculty I was the only PhD graduate. This meant that I sat on the stage by myself with the important folks from the faculty. A bit nerve-wracking to say the least.

However, at last, after all the other students, my name was called, an abstract of my research was recited and then I was designated a doctor. At that moment, all the kids and Dave yelled "Go Di!"


Additional good news is that with several hundred people watching me I didn't trip over my own feet.

My friend Dr. Trina (graduated last year), and my PhD supervisors


Even with heels I'm still nearly the shortest!
Some relatives drove down for the ceremony.

The next two potential graduates...

And as usual someone is missing...Donnelly where are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment