Sunday, April 1, 2012

Antique or just old

This cupboard was left by the previous owners among a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. I've always wanted to bring it upstairs to store craft and sewing stuff in, but it looked too heavy.

Finally I asked Dave and Connor to do it, and it now sits in our front room. Built-in cupboards, i.e. closets are a modern invention, so our pre-WWII house doesn't have any. I imagine that this piece of furniture used to hold a child's clothing (going by the crayoned smiley faces inside the doors).



It might look old, but the inside drawers and cubbyholes are all made out of solid wood, and none of the pre-fab stuff that you see around today. I'm guessing that its from the mid-70s.

Dave doesn't see the attraction, but said "well, as long as it makes you happy I can live with it". :)


No comments:

Post a Comment