Friday, June 29, 2012

Cozy or clutter?

Periodically I need to dig myself out from under all the stuff that we have collected. Rather than things going missing (like in the children's story about the Borrowers), I find things that I have no idea what they belong to.

When you live by yourself you have a pretty good idea of what everything is. But when you live with people who put things in their pocket, you have no clue where stuff came from.

So, from time to time I do a declutter, and try to find places for things. My latest job has been our bedroom.

So not too bad, the bed's even made. 
As is common for most of the old Queenslander houses, there are no built-in closets. So we use this wardrobe for our hanging things.

Continuing around the room we find Dave's table for his stuff. Lots of shoes and boots. It's actually an older desk. We could be kind and call it an antique. :)


My clothes are on this shelfy thing.
 Now we come to my side of the room and the clutter.



I suppose there isn't any ladies dresser without a bit of excess cluttery stuff (at least that's what I tell myself).

This room is kind of interesting because it has two entrances, a sliding door and french doors on the other side of the room.

So, I think I'll go for the cozy definition and stick to that. Our lives are full, and our house is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment