Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Izzy strikes again

Maybe its because I've been so busy lately, but I've been wishing I could have a bit of the dog's life. Lots of time to laze around in the sun, get attention for nothing more than being cute, and all of your meals are prepared for you.

Of course the downside is that you have doggie breath, your dinner comes out of a can, and you have to beg for treats.



We've discovered that other than having a sweet tooth, Izzy has another secret vice. Tea bags!



He looks around for cup with the suspicious tag hanging out, jumps up on the chair (so he can reach the table), ever so gently pulls the tag out between his teeth, and drags it under a table to devour.

A pure caffeine hit ensues and he races around the house and yard like a whirling dervish, jumping in the air, barking and carrying on like some mad thing. It lasts about an hour or two and then he sleeps it off.

I'm sure this can't be good for him, so we are trying to hide the tea bags. But he will slurp coffee or tea out of cups if one is left around.

I wonder if there is a 12-step program for doggies. Hello my name is Izzy and I'm a caffeine freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment